Juice(29er Trail Hardtail)
If we have to use the category buzzwords the industry keeps inventing, the Juice is a "downcountry" or "trail" bike. We describe it as a fun bike that is very comfortable on single track, flowy trails and general backwood exploring. Its longish wheelbase also makes it a stable platform for bikepacking.
The latest version features tough IRD Broski Sliding Dropouts that allow you to go single-speed or geared or even run hub gears and alter ride characteristics slightly by adjust the chainstay length. A modified chainstay allows fitting even some double cranks with "plus size" 27.5 x 2.8" wide tires without needing to invest in Boost parts.
Additionally the Juice is available in a belt-drive ready version.
- Tange Prestige heat-treated butted CrMo steel; butted CrMo rear end
- Geometry is optimized for 100mm travel 29" forks and will handle 120mm forks great, too
- Disc brakes only (ISO tabs)
- Standard or Belt-Drive compatible versions available (split for installing belt is on the seatstay.)
- IRD Broski Sliding Dropouts allows geared and single-speed builds with easy wheel removal
– These currently come ready for 142 x 12mm Thru-Axle hubs. (Can be converted to 135mm spacing for traditional QR hubs with IRD aftermarket inserts)
- S-bend seatstays and chainstays
- Rear rack and fender eyelets
- CNC-machined 44mm headtube: Will take 1-1/8" steerers with a ZeroStack 44 headset or tapered steerers with a ZS44 upper assembly and external cup (EC44) lower assembly
- 31.6mm post size/34.9mm frt. der. size/34.9mm seat collar/73mm bottom bracket (English threads); 400mm+ post recommended
- Internal cable routing for dropper post
- Cable routing for top pull front derailleur (remember those?)
- Recommended tire size: 29" x 2.4" (or 27.5 x 2.8”)
- Color: Battleship Gray
- Wt: 5.35 lbs.
- Sizes: SM(41cm), MD(44cm), LG(47cm), XL(50cm)
Juice(29er Trail Hardtail)
Component Fit Data:
Bottom bracket shell: 73mm wide with English threading
Headset type: Will fit forks with straight 1-1/8" steerers with a ZeroStack 44 headset or 1-1/8"-1-1/2" tapered steerers with a ZS44 upper assembly and external cup (EC44) lower assembly
Seatpost size: 31.6mm OD x 400+mm length Includes internal routing port at seat tube for dropper seatposts
Seat collar size: 34.9mm (collar not included)
Front derailleur clamp diameter: 34.9mm
Front derailleur type: Low clamp, top-pull
Hub fit: 2018-2020 stock fit 135mm QR hubs. 2021 stock will fit 142mm thru-axle hubs. (IRD Broski aftermarket inserts are available for conversions)
Chainstay adjustment range: 440 - 458mm (best to keep dropout in the center or front of the slot)
What Gate's Carbon Belt set up works on the Juice?
46t front x20t rear x 115 belt - 448.8mm chainstay setting
46t front x28t rear x118 belt - 449.7mm chainstay setting
Can I fit a rear rack on the Juice?
Yes, you can. The Juice has braze-ons on the dropout and seatstay to fit a rack. You may need a rack that is "disc-specific" so the left strut can clear the disc brake caliper and cables. Axiom, Topeak and others make racks to fit with disc brakes. Also make sure your rack is tall enough to clear 29" tires before purchasing.