Here is your alternative to "alternative drop bars".
It's wide and takes MTB grips as well as bar tape. The grip area is long; long enough to run grip shifters and flat bar levers.
But the Gator will also take aero levers just like the Junebug. There is not just one way to set up a Gator. Try it bikecamping, offroading, or touring. It is one of the few drop bars to take a Pinion or Rohloff gripshifter.
- 6061 butted aluminum
- Size/Width: 655mm at ends, center-to-center
- Width: 505mm at front of drops, center-to-center
- Width of flats on top: 340mm
- Center: 31.8mm
- Drops flare out at 20° angle
- Drop grip area is 190mm long (160mm of that has an OD of 22.2mm. A 22.2mm OD fits MTB grips, levers, twist shifters)
- Reach: 65mm / Drop: 112-160mm
(Reach and drop is relative to the angle you install these bars at. On these types of bars, you want to angle the drops down a bit, not have them parallel to the ground as with road bars)
- Weight: 400g
- No cable grooves
- Shotpeen finish
- Black or silver