Fog Cutter Frame v.2 (Endurance Road Disc)
The Fog Cutter is an endurance road/road sport design. This is the frame you want for grand fondos, long days in the saddle and the most demanding commutes. We designed it to fit wider road tires and fenders, but its geometry makes it handle like a good road bike rather than CX or gravel bike or hybrid.
• Tange Prestige double butted CrMo steel tubing; heat treated throughout
• Road sport geometry
• Rear rack & fender mounts
• Tange Modular dropouts. Stock setup is for 142mm thru-axle hubs and flat mount disc brakes. Alternative styles available thru Tange/Long Shen.
• Fork options: Matching straight blade carbon fork (alloy steerer, flat mount disc, 12 x 100 thru-axle hub) or lugged CrMo steel fork (CrMo steerer, IS disc mount, QR hub)
• Tire clearance for 700c x38mm with fenders (some front derailleurs will limit tire clearance) and 650b x 42mm
• Fits 1-1/8" headset (EC34/28.6|EC34/30 headsets)
- 27.2mm post size
- 7 sizes: 48, 51, 54, 56, 58, 61 and 66cm
- Weight: 4.25 lbs (48cm); 4.5 lbs. (58cm)
- Paint: Cerulean Blue
Fog Cutter Frame v.2 (Endurance Road Disc)
Specifications and Recommendations:
- Rear rack fitting: IMPORTANT-- We recommend that racks to be mounted to the eyelets located on the DROPOUT. The eyelet on the side of the lower seatstay is intended for fenders. If you choose to mount a rack to the lower seatstay eyelet keep loads to a maximum 15 lbs (10 lbs. if you go off road) The Dropout eyelets can handle loads of 60 lbs when used on roads.
- Seatpost: 27.2mm, Seat collar: 29.8 / 30.0mm
- Front derailleur: 28.6mm, bottom pull
- Rear hub spacing: 142mm x 12mm
- Headset: 1-1/8" exterrnal cup type (SHIS: EC34/28.6 | EC34/30)
- Max.Tire Fit: 700c x 38mm with fenders
(Some 700c x 42mm and 650b x 47mm may fit )
- Min. Tire Recommendation: 700c x 20mm, 650b x 38mm
- Recommended fork length: 390-400mm
- Max chainring fit: 52-39-30t 45mm chainline. 53-39t, 48.5mm chainline
- Bottom bracket shell: 68mm wide, English threads
- Compatible with downtube shifters
- Rear disc brakes: 160mm rotors, Flat mount
- Fork rake: 48mm
- Carbon fork disc mount: Flat mount
- CrMo fork disc mount: IS mount
What forks can I used on the Fog Cutter?
You can choose a third party fork or one of our color-matched options. (If you are buying a 66cm frame, our CrMo fork is your best option, since most carbon forks do not come with a long enough steerer to work with the tall headtube on that size frame.)
-- If you want to choose a third party option, please look something with the following specs. 1-1/8" non-tapered steerer, 390-400mm axle to crown length, and of course something that will fit the bike hub on your front wheel. 48mm rake is ideal. 44mm rake is acceptable. Please follow their instructions carefully.
-- Our carbon fork that takes flat mount disc brake and 12 x 100mm thru-axle hubs. Thru-axle is included. The alloy steerer allows you to uses about 60mm of headset spacers safely.
-- Our CrMo steel fork DOES NOT match the hub and brake standards of the frame and carbon fork. You need to use a disc brake with a Post Mount and IS adapter. You need to use a hub with a traditional QR skewer. At the time we didn't have a solution that we liked to mount a flat mount brake to a curvy steel fork.
Can I do loaded touring and bike packing on the Fog Cutter
Short answer is yes you can.
You can use bikepacking frame bags, seat bags and bar packs. You can install a rear rack, though because of the short chainstays, we recommend getting a rear rack that is long enough to offset your panniers far back enough to avoid heel/pannier clipping while pedaling. (Our Rakku and Deco are long enough for this) Our matching forks do not have rack fittings, but the steel fork can work with mini racks that come with P-clampsNeither fork will work with pannier racks.
Rear and front loads affect the handling of road frames more than on purpose-designed touring frames. For a more pleasant ride experience keep loads in the back under 22 lbs and front loads under 10 lbs.
We do not recommend the Fog Cutter for extended off-road touring or bike packing. We make other models that are better suited for those uses.
Max. weight limit with load and rider: 270 lbs.(123 kgs.)