The Fog Cutter is an endurance road/road sport design. We designed it to fit fatter tires, but the frame angles are more road bike than CX or gravel bike. It can float you over chewed up asphalt better than most bikes in this category. This is the frame you want for long days in the saddle and the most demanding commutes.
- Tange Prestige double butted CrMo steel front triangle; butted CrMo on rear triangle; heat treated throughout
- Road sport geometry
- Rear rack & fender mounts
- International disc mounts (rear mount is located on the chainstay for stiffer performance and also keeps the caliper out of the way of rear racks)
- Available matching straight blade carbon fork w/ aluminum steerer
- Fits tires up to 700x38c with fenders (some front derailleurs will limit tire clearance) - 1-1/8" size headtube
- 27.2mm post size
- 7 sizes: 48, 51, 54, 56, 58, 61 and 66cm
- Weight: 4.25 lbs (48cm); 4.5 lbs. (58cm) - Paint: Rosso Red (A full bodied red, but not "Ferrari" loud)
(Matching aluminum fenders available as an option)
Specifications and Recommendations:
- Rear rack fitting: IMPORTANT-- We recommend that racks to be mounted to the eyelet on the dropout. The eyelet on the side of the lower seatstay is mainly for fenders. If you choose to mount a rack to the lower seatstay eyelet keep loads to a maximum 15 lbs (10 lbs. if you go off road)
- Seatpost: 27.2mm
- Front derailleur: 28.6mm, bottom pull
- Rear hub spacing: 135mm
- Headset: 1-1/8" exterrnal cup type (SHIS: EC34/28.6 | EC34/30)
- Max.Tire Fit: 700c x 42mm (38mm with fenders)
(650b x 47mm tires may also fit).
- Min. Tire Recommendation: 700c x 20mm, 650b x 38mm - Fork rake: 43mm on 54-61cm frames; 48mm on 48-51cm frames
- Recommended fork length: 390-400mm - Max chainring fit: 52-39-30t 45mm chainline. 53-39t, 48.5mm chainline
- Bottom bracket shell: 68mm wide, English threads
- Compatible with downtube shifters
- Disc brakes: 160mm rotors, International standard mount
What kind of forks are compatible with the Fog Cutter?
Even though we call this a road bike, we built the frame around a cyclo-cross length fork. So anything 390-400mm in length with a 44mm rake will work as designed. (48/50mm rake for the 48 and 52cm size) We do make a robust matching straight blade carbon fork for this frame, but you can run our lugged CX Disc Fork or Straight Blade CX fork. Or a third party CX fork. It needs to have a 1-1/8" steerer though. Road forks will be too short for this frame.