The Juice is one of the most versatile 29er hardtail frames on the planet. The sliding dropouts allow you to run the bike SS or geared. The tire clearance has been upped to fit 29" x 2.5" and 27.5 x 2.8". The CrMo tubes offer a lively ride. The geometry is very stable at speed and lets you carve corners with confidence.
The Juice comes in two versions: Standard and Belt-drive Compatible. The right seatstay of the Belt-Drive compatible version has a split to allow you to slip in a belt, like a Gates Carbon Drive.
- Tange Prestige heat treated CrMo steel front triangle; butted CrMo rear end
- Geometry designed to accommodate a 100-120mm travel fork
- Int'l disc brake tabs (rear)
- Tange Stainless Steel Sliding Dropouts for geared or single speed set-ups
- S-bend seatstays and chainstays
- Optional CrMo steel 29er fork (black)
- Machined 44mm headtube (fits tapered steerer tubes using a ZS top assembly and 40.EC44 external cup lower assembly; fits 1-1/8" steerers using a ZS44 headset)
- 27.2mm post size/28.6mm frt. der./30mm seat collar
- A seatpost of at least 400mm long is recommended
- Max. tire size: 29" x 2.5"
- 135mm rear hub spacing
- Colors: Baja Blue
- Wt: 5.65 lbs. (15.5" Standard), 5.9 lbs (15.5 Belt Drive)
- Sizes: M(15.5"), L(17.5"), XL(19.5") XXL(21.5") (Center to top)
Component specs for the Juice
27.2mm seatpost, 73mm bottom bracket shell(axle width depends on crank), 28.6mm front derailleur top pull, 29.8/30.0mm seat collar, 135mm hub spacing, International Standard disc tabs
What Gate's Carbon set up works on the Juice?
46t front x20t rear x 115 belt - 450.78mm chainstay setting
46t front x28t rear x120 belt - 457.51mm chainstay setting
Are there replacement inserts to change my Soma (Juice/B-Side/Analog/Wolverine) with Sliding Dropouts to 142 x 12 thru-axle?
Our current frames with sliding dropout are for 135mm QR's. There are third party slider inserts that will do the trick. E-mail us for the info. We will have our own inserts for thru-axle some time available by Summer 2018.