B-Side v.3 (27.5″ / 650b)
27.5" (or 650b) is the tire size halfway inbetween the more common 26" and 29" MTB tires. 650b tires roll over obstacles better and are more stable at speed than a 26" wheel and are lighter weight than 29er wheels. 27.5" bikes also have less of the unwieldy feel some riders feel 29ers have. Our 3rd generation B-Side has a slightly slacker geometry. Still great for XC trail riding, but more controllable when things get fast. Snazzy Tange/IRD Sliding Dropouts allow you to go single-speed or geared.
- Tange Prestige heat-treated butted CrMo steel; butted CrMo rear end
- Disc brakes only (no canti studs)
- Tange/IRD Sliding Dropouts allows geared and single-speed builds with easy wheel removal
- S-bend seatstays and chainstays
- Low sloping top tube/short seat tube
- Geometry is optimized for 100mm travel 27.5" forks and will handle 120mm forks great too
- CNC-machined 44mm headtube: Will take 1-1/8" steerers with a ZeroStack 44 headset or tapered steerers with a ZS44 upper assembly and external cup (EC44) lower assembly
- 27.2mm post size/28.6mm frt. der. size/29.8mm(or 30.0) seat collar; 400mm+ post recommended
- Recommended tire size: 1.95 - 2.4”
- Color: Pumpkin Orange
- Wt: 4.6 lbs.
- Sizes: SM(14.5"), MD(16.5"), LG(18.5"), XL(20.5")